We are glad that you are interested in learning Russian language in Saint-Petersburg University of Management Technologies and Economics, one of the largest modern higher educational institutions of Russia.
Remember that Russia is a country with a rich cultural and historical heritage, and also a country of unlimited opportunities in the professional area. Russian language will help you to discover not only the rich cultural world of Russia, but also extensive career prospects opening up for those who are fluent in this language.
This booklet will provide you with basic information about Russian language courses for foreigners in UMTE and will make you familiar with the basic rules of the preparation of your studies in Russia.
WHY LEARN RUSSIAN?
- The working language of the United Nations
- International Space language
- 2nd most popular in the Internet
- The official language of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Abkhazia, South Ossetia
- It is spoken by ≈240 million people
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE RUSSIAN LANGUAGE COURSES IN UMTE
UMTE offers a wide range of educational services in the field of studying Russian as a foreign language at the Institute of International Programs.
Institute of International program offers the Russian language course for foreign citizens who are planning to continue their education in UMTE. Having obtained the necessary knowledge and skills in the Russian language courses for foreigners in UMTE, students will be able to study successfully in the Institute of international programs or in any other institution of UMTE or other Russian university.
Duration of the Russian language course for foreigners is 8 months (generally October to July).
Russian language courses in UMTE are dedicated to beginners and those who already have a basic knowledge of the Russian language. The program includes lessons of the Russian language on various aspects (phonetics, grammar, reading, writing, listening, speaking) in the amount of 720 academic hours.
The main goal of the program is formation and development of practical skills of Russian language in everyday life, business and professional fields. Classes are held in groups of 7-10 people every day except Saturday and Sunday.
Students are provided with the necessary materials and have unlimited access to all resources of UMTE, including:
- Language laboratories
- Computer classes
At the end of the Russian language course in UMTE students obtain a Certificate of completion of Russian language course in UMTE, and can pass a state test of the Russian language (TORFL) and receive a certificate of national standard.
Upon successful completion of the Russian language course in UMTE and submission of the necessary documents for enrollment students can be admitted for further studies in UMTE.
All students studying Russian language in UMTE, are provided with a place in a double room in a students’ dormitory.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you choose the Russian language course for foreigners in UMTE, you need to send an application to the International Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill the Application form and send copies of the following documents:
- Copy of international passport (page with photo, date of birth and passport validity);
- The certificate of secondary education, including the Trascript / higher education degree for further admission to postgraduate studies, including the Trascript.
Admission period to the Russian language courses is open the 1st of March to the 30th of July.
Within 5 days you will receive an answer the International Office of UMTE and will be advised on the next steps.
Once your application is approved by the International Officet of UMTE the next stage of the preparation of your studies in Russia begins. This stage includes processing of the invitation letter.
MAKING AN INVITATION TO THE RUSSIAN LANGUAGE COURSE
Once you have provided all the necessary documents to UMTE it starts processing the "Invitation for studies" in the Office of the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation. The cost of the invitation is 800 rubles. Duration of preparation of the "Invitation for studies" is 30 to 40 days. When UMTE receives the original of the invitation, International Office sends it to the country of residence of the candidate by express mail.
The cost of the invitation, express mail services, as well as transfers Pulkovo International Airport or the railway station in St. Petersburg to the University are to be paid by the future student by bank transfer to UMTE under a separate contract.
IMPORTANT: The invitation is sent to the student by express post only after receiving the full payment of the course by bank transfer. To confirm the payment student shall sign the contract and send to the International Office scan of the last page of contract. This contract will be previously sent to you by the International Office.
IMPORTANT: Student Visa in the Russian Embassy / Consulate General of the Russian Federation is delivered only if the original "Invitations for studies", issued by the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation is provided.
MAKING STUDENT VISA
Upon receiving the "invitation letter for study", student should refer to the Embassy/General Consulate of the Russian Federation in his / her country in order to apply for a student visa. Usually the following documents are required:
- Completed application form (issued by the Embassy of the Russian Federation / General Consulate of the Russian Federation in your country);
- 3 photographs (3x4cm);
- Original of the "invitation letter for studies"
- Original of medical health certificate, including chest X-ray result;
- Original of negative HIV test results;
- Certificate of complete higher secondary education;
- Official bank documents (receipt) confirming full payment of tuition fees for the first academic year
NOTE: the set of documents required for student visa applications at your local Embassy/General Consulate of the Russian Federation may vary.
ENTRY TO RUSSIA
In order to enter the territory of the Russian Federation and to be admitted to university, student must have the following documents:
- Passport (valid for not less than 1,5 years);
- Student entry visa;
- Immigration Card (supplied during the flight or at the airport; it must be completed by the student and stamped by customs in the airport right after arrival in Russia);
- Medical health certificate including chest X-Ray result;
- Negative AIDS test result
- 8 passport size (3×4 cm) black and white photographs in matt finish.
For candidates obtaining admission to the foundation course or the first year of studies:
- Original of complete higher secondary education certificate (including mark sheet/academic transcript), that should be legalized/apostilled (i.e. stamped by the Ministry of External Affairs (or Ministry of Education) and the Embassy/General Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country the student obtained the certificate).
- 2 copies of legalized/apostilled completed higher secondary education certificate (including mark sheet/academic transcript) notarized at the Embassy/ General Consulate of the Russian Federation and translated into Russian language; the translation should be certified by a notary the Embassy/General Consulate of the Russian Federation in your country and attached to the copies. All pages of the copies should be numbered, stamped and officially sealed.
For candidates obtaining admission to the Master’s degree, Postgraduate course or PhD
- Original of higher education degree (including mark sheet/academic transcript for all academic years with subjects, marks and hours for each subject listed) that should be legalized/apostilled, (i.e. stamped by the Ministry of External Affairs (or Ministry of Education) and the Embassy/General Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country the student obtained the certificate).
- 2 copies of legalized/apostilled higher education degree (including mark sheet/academic transcript) notarized at the Embassy/ General Consulate of the Russian Federation and translated into Russian language; the translation should be certified by a notary the Embassy/General Consulate of the Russian Federation in your country and attached to the copies. All pages of the copies should be numbered, stamped and officially sealed.
Thus, each legalized document should have 2 or more stamps:
- Legalization stamp of the Ministry of External Affairs of the country that issued your educational documents
- Legalization stamp of the Embassy/ General Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country that issued your educational documents
IMPORTANT: During the first academic year students must, at their own expense, hand all educational certificates/transcripts etc. to ROSOBRNADZOR RF for assessment in order to obtain the “certificate of equivalence”. Students should then present their “certificate of equivalence” to the university. International Office will supply students with all necessary information to help them to obtain the “certificate of equivalence”.
STAY IN RUSSIA
IMPORTANT: International Office must be notified about your arrival and have accurate data of your flight (flight number, date and time of arrival, the destination city and airport name) not later than 5 working days before the trip.
IMPORTANT: A meeting of students is only possible on weekdays 09.00 to 18.00.
IMPORTANT: Within 3 days after you have come to Russia, you have to be registered in the Office of the Federal Migration service. To do this, you need to bring to the International Office your passport with a visa and migration card within three days after your arrival.
Every time you leave the Russian Federation, by returning to it, you have to be registered again in the Office of the Federal Migration service within 3 days after your new arrival to Russia.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
SAINT-PETERSBURG UNIVERSITY OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGIES AND ECONOMICS
Address: 44 Lermontovsky prospect, Saint-Petersburg, 190103
Transportation: Metro Baltyiskaya
International Office, 5th floor, cab. 554
Tel: +7(812) 313-02-43
Office work hours:
Monday to Thursday: 9.00 - 17.45, Friday 9.00 - 16.45